Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Picking Up Speed

Immediately after finishing my Simplicity Socks (read here and here), I started these:


And promptly didn't knit for a week!  However, things are moving along at a much better pace now. This pair of socks is again from Toe-Up 2-at-a-Time Socks by Melissa Morgan-Oakes.  The pattern is Tuscany; the yarn is KnitPicks Stroll Tonal in Kindling; and the needles are KnitPicks Options Nickel Plated Size 1 (2.25mm) 40" fixed circulars.

Why are things moving more rapidly?  The needles!!  I was using a different brand with thicker cables on the Simplicity socks.  The KnitPicks cables are thinner and much more flexible.  This means much less time is spent rearranging the stitches and the cables bend when and where you want them to bend.  KnitPicks also offers these in Harmony Wood and Sunstruck Wood.  I enjoy using those as well, depending upon the yarn.

In the next post, I'll share another picture of my progress as well as information about some of the sock yarns I have tried.

P.S.  I have not received any compensation for endorsing KnitPicks products.  Having tried other brands (you should see my needle collection!) they are simply my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment